Sunday, November 05, 2006

No Sign of Life

Well...it's been a little over two months since I've posted on here and well--I had a really good excuse since I woz in the process of finishing school and once I woz done with that, I took a vacation. So a two month hiatus from blogger land isn't a big deal, I hope--but even with that said, I can't thank you guys enough for the comments left on my prior posts and I am going to visit everyone as soon as I can, cos right now I am searching for a job in the animation field. How exciting and nerve wrecking at the same time--an amalgamation of feelings I've never felt before! ha. Well, this new post contains loads of cute, flamboyant, cirkus elephants, those poor creatures. A while back, I did lots of elephant studies at the San Diego Zoo with friends which helped in designing these showy pachyderms.

Which reminds me, I need to visit the zoo again. I love animals!

This elephant is quite depressed.

The long eyelashes makes this elephant a SHOWGIRL elephant.

Big and Beautiful -- Elena is a delicate performer.

The 'El Cirko' elephants always mess up.

What's a cirkus without a bear? This one juggles!

Introducing: Sheepina--the rapping sheep!

I woz utterly upset these past few days cos my russian dwarf hamster Pavel died. He truly woz the nicest little hamster, never bit anyone, always playful, and it woz really great having him as a pet. He loved sunflower seeds and had a little hole in his right ear and this drawing is dedicated to him. Well, that's it for this update. I am going to have to start updating sporadically--I missed blogger land and I can't wait to see what everyone's been up to. Thanks for stopping by and all the best.

21 Comments:

Blogger Teresa Yau said...

Oh my god Randy I'm so happy to see your new drawings! We really do have to go to the zoo again, and I'm going to get you to go to life drawing with me! =) I so love the elephants that mess up. You're the best.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Megan Ferguson said...

RANNY ! YOU'RE ALIVE ! i hug you with all the gusto that the internet can provide.

HAHA show girlelephant , you completely capture each personality you talented boy you.

if you'll allow me some interweb speak...bear = pwnage.

<3

11:21 AM  
Blogger Megan Ferguson said...

p.s - im sorry aobut your hamster :(

p.p.s - and if your looking for a job in animation you should like..MOVE HERE :D

11:22 AM  
Blogger andrew said...

great drawings, i like the life drawing and stacking ones...it reminds me of the elephant tower from Dumbo.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Aw, I'm sorry to hear about your hammy. Gorgeous sketches, though - how did you colour the stacked elephants? Digital? Watercolour? The world wants to know!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Jolene said...

aw ranny, i'm sorry about pavel...

just think, he went to the big great running wheel in the sky! with all the sunflowers he can shove into his cheek pouches. =)


<3

2:06 PM  
Blogger barbarella said...

loved those elephants,they are great:D

2:24 PM  
Blogger Todd Harris said...

these are great. glad to see you back posting again. looks like i found your blog just in time. these are really good. like your style..

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww sorry your pet hamster died..
i like you new pictures though!
post post!

6:09 PM  
Blogger William Bradford said...

What's not to love aobut elephants! I haven't seen new stuff on your blog for a while. Glad to see your still at it, cause I missed you work somewhat

8:10 PM  
Blogger William Bradford said...

Sorry about your hamster too, I forgot to mention. That's a bummer...

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! Ranny is back! Awesome stuff, those elephants are hilarious and sad, gravity has not been kind to them. Glad you're back!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Halya said...

Yay Ranny! Welcome back to the land of Blog. I hate the word blog. But yay! Your elephants are totally awesome and I love 'em! Hope you post again soon! :D

1:54 PM  
Blogger Jon McNally said...

Splendid volume seen in your animal drawings, Rånny. Particularly fond of these elephants. Lovely lashes on them. Sorry to hear of Pavel's passing.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ooooh ... so sorry about your hamster!! That's really sad. Love your animal drawings, they are great!!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

man this drawings are amazing, you have a really good sense of line weight.

8:56 PM  
Blogger R.A. MacNeil said...

Nice drawings. I like your elephants. Sorry to hear about your hampster.

-Ryan

9:30 AM  
Blogger Michael Chang said...

As always your animals are great. The depressed elephants are sooo sad. Nice to see a posting. Sorry to hear about your hamster.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Mega said...

whoa, so many pictures! nice work! always dig your stuff.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Miss Silje said...

awww, he is so cute. I have a hamster called Gustav. He used to go on adventure tours around the flat until he broke one of his legs.. Ouch. Had to take him to the vet to try to fix his leg.. It was very expensive. The vet put a little nail inside his leg.. The only problem is that he used his leg, and broke the same leg twice. This is the reason why my hamster pet now has only three legs.. :P He is really cute. When I put my finger inside his little house to say hello, he gently takes a little bite at my finger..haha, he never bites hard.

Hamsters are cute.

12:59 PM  
Blogger J said...

Great stuff. All of it. 21 eh? Yikes.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter