Monday, December 11, 2006

Bish-Bang-Bong-Woo!

Wow, we're almost near the middle of December and well, I can't believe 06' is coming to a close soon. Here is one of (hopefully) several concluding art posts by me this year. I am definitely looking forward for next year.

Here are some warm up drawings I did before getting in the 'mood' to sketch other ones. I like to play with different shapes, see what I can design by using something other than a circle.

I particularly liked this girls head shape.

So I continued to design a character with a similar head and some cute 60's fashion.

This girl here has a 60's inspired cocktail dress on. I really enjoy designing dress patterns and clothes.

The Rångamsh gang sporting some festive winter threads.

I did this quick pen drawing of this exact same girl and I really liked the sullen eye look, hair style, and earrings I did for her--which lead to these more finished pencil drawings.

Here is a life drawing I did of my fabulous grandmother. I tried playing with colours here, tried some cooler tones and added some nice bright pinks. Too bad the pen smeared. lol.

I'm currently designing this years holiday card that I will be sending out to close e-friends and irl-friends and family. This was my first idea for the card design, but I think I might reject it and go for another one.

This is another drawing for this years holiday card. I want it to be kind of 60's fashion with a cute Christmas theme.

Another, I really like the idea, hopefully my card will turn out beautiful and I won't have problems printing them at Office Depot or wherever I happen to go to print them out. This was a rather large post, thank you for the comments everyone and the next post should have my final card illustrations, so keep checking back! Also, I updated my links, so check out all the wonderful talent the internet has to offer. =)

32 Comments:

Blogger PotatoFarmGirl said...

Oooh, nice brown marker outline effects! Very pretty!

10:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love love love your art!

12:27 AM  
Blogger verabee said...

Gorgeous. You can do no wrong, Ranny.

Man, I had all kinds of delusions about a letterpress holiday card this year. That worked out real good. -_-

8:53 AM  
Blogger Bobby Pontillas said...

rad rad rad.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sketches kick all kinds of ass! Lovely line work and character design. Keep it up!

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow Ranny! You totally OWN my SOUL!
how do you get your photoshop work to look like markers? :o I'm lookin' at the 60's cocktail dress piccie.

2:59 PM  
Blogger colleen said...

the garlic-clove-head girl is particularly lovely, though these are all so delightful and full of energy as usual!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

These are AWESOME! Happy holidays!

1:38 PM  
Blogger chris chua said...

wow..your art just blows me away....Each is lovelier than the next:)

11:35 AM  
Blogger John Coulter said...

Great blog! I've just discovered and bookmarked you.

http://johncoulter.blogspot.com/

11:41 AM  
Blogger Ryan Bullard said...

Whoa. I swear, you're killing me with these amazing posts!

1:31 AM  
Blogger kelly erwin said...

wow... your designs are beautiful!

11:17 PM  
Blogger Queen Tut said...

such inspiring work. I wil be back!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Marc Crisafulli said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Marc Crisafulli said...

Your stuff is so good, so often, that it makes me cringe and almost wanna quit.

THANKS!

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice line work Ranny

*West end boy eh?... dont worry, i wont hold that against you ;)

ariel

6:19 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

ranny, these are fantastic. I also really like the "sullen eyes" pic. very nice stuff, love the lines too. your lines are very expressive and loose...sooo awesome and fun to look at.

cheers.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Teresa Yau said...

Randy where are you? I'm so happy to see your new drawings... We really need to draw together. It's been so long...

11:37 PM  
Blogger barbarella said...

yeah,so many drawings!your grandma looks indian!
loved the 60's drawings;D

6:45 AM  
Blogger Aaron Paetz said...

I love the charactures!

10:57 PM  
Blogger Yogui said...

fashion-like approach... it's el neat-o

11:40 AM  
Blogger Zorilita - Mary Bellamy said...

I absolutely love your style. I like your elongated figures and sketchy lines and especially the thick brown outlines. Well done. =)

6:36 AM  
Blogger Boogervampire said...

Wow! All of these are SO GREAT! I love your patterns and designs. Wonderful!

5:32 PM  
Blogger Chris_Garrison said...

Your designs are awesome. I love everything on your blog. Sometimes your stuff is VERY Chuck Jones.

9:48 AM  
Blogger katzenjammer studios said...

your stuff is amazing. please update post haste.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

nice! I've been visiting your blog for quite sometime now, and I've never commented on your artwork before. Great pen works, dude! Do you work in the industry over there?

4:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow :-)) If you like water bongs visit: http://www.water-bongs-glass-pipes.com/

10:26 AM  
Blogger Ray Creations said...

all pictures are very nice. my favorite is onion-headed gal. Web Designer | Web Hosting

5:53 AM  
Blogger aisha said...

Saab 9000 Turbocharger
These paintings are awesome! I really like these!Your paintings are haunting and mysterious. Very lovely and beautiful paintings.

10:56 PM  
Blogger UFA747 said...

The information you provided is very interesting. Thank you for the hardships.. taimanin

7:04 AM  
Blogger boy said...

The information you provided is very interesting. Thank you for the hardships..
boy585

3:35 AM  
Blogger Village Talkies said...

Thank you very much for providing important information. All your information is very valuable to me.
Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives.
As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients.

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter